We're not going to lie - this was hard work, but completely worthwhile. The lovely Lady Nora did the bulk of the heavy lifting - culinarily speaking. Several bandmates arrived early on a Sunday morning to assemble the 360 (or possibly more) tamales. After the assembly line was completed, the steaming commenced, which takes multiple hours. When all the tamales cooled, they were wrapped in tinfoil and frozen. All the tamales have hit the streets to be delivered and TMPB would like to again thank all the friends and supporters of the band that purchased our handmade tamales. If you missed out on ordering tamales, we will possibly do another batch soon. Please watch our FaceBook Page for more information.
Re-heating InstructionsWe want you to enjoy these tamales as much as we do, the reheating directions are simple.
- Allow the tamales to thaw "a little", we usually take them out of the freezer and let them sit, covered, at room temperature for about an hour.
- After the thaw period, take four tamales and wrap them in damp paper towels. This will allow the tamales to steam during heating.
- Microwave for one minute, check that they are heated all-the-way-through.
- If the one minute cook time is not enough, continue to heat in one minute increments while continually checking that the tamales are not drying out on the inside.
- While reheating, make sure that your paper towels have enough moisture to ensure the remaining tamales are able to steam as much as the previous batch.